away from the traveling show
|©2011 gary garbett.com|
A number of things stood out today that I usually miss in the routine of days.
· A handwritten letter expressed friendship.
· There was a dead snake in the middle of the road. I saw it just after noticing a white hair on my forearm.
· The strength of a wind blown American flag snapped crisply from high atop the pole.
· Leaning up against a roadside stand was a weathered plywood painted sign. The message read: Tomatoes 3 for $1.
· A passing stranger offered me a good morning greeting. I smiled and returned the sentiment.